The President is under intense pressure as the FBI raided the office, home, and hotel room of Trump’s personal attorney Michael Cohen. They seized his electronic devices, cell phones, and documents. This raid was instigated because of the information provided by Robert Mueller’s team.
The records taken were related to the alleged payment of $130,000 by Cohen to a porn star named “Stormy Daniels” who says she had a one-night stand with Trump in 2006. The payment was made just before the 2016 election. Daniels says she signed a non-disclosure agreement in exchange for the hush money, but Trump didn’t sign it.
The President has denied he had an affair with Daniels. Even if he had, paying “hush money” is not illegal. Trump says he doesn’t know anything about Cohen’s payment of money.
The President responded during a press conference that Mueller’s investigation into potential collusion with Russia is a witch hunt. Mueller was appointed by Rod Rosenstein, the Assistant Attorney General. According to Rep. Mark Meadows (R-NC), Rosenstein can be held in contempt of Congress or even impeached because he refuses to turn over documents related to Hillary Clinton and the sale of uranium to Russia during her tenure as Secretary of State.
Why this Matters: When a special counsel is appointed to investigate, the focus is supposed to be a crime, not a person. Rosenstein did not give Mueller any parameters for the probe, thus the investigation is out of control. As head of the executive branch of government, Trump can fire Rosenstein and Mueller if he chooses. But the political cost would be huge–possibly impeachment or even removal by a vote in Congress.
Trump Weighs Response to
In the midst of this latest turn in the sprawling Mueller investigation, the President is considering a response to the recent chemical attack in Syria. There has been no positive proof of who ordered and carried out the attack on civilians, but it is being blamed on Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.
- An immediate retaliation was the airstrike on Syria’s T-4 airbase late Sunday night. Russian and Syrian governments initially blamed the attack on the U.S., then later on Israel.
- Israel has launched more than 100 airstrikes on Syrian territory in the past six years. The T-4 base was hit in February after an Iranian drone purportedly violated Syrian airspace.
- One year ago, the U.S. responded to a similar chemical weapons attack on civilians by bombing Syria’s Shayrat air base with 59 Tomahawk cruise missiles. That chemical attack was also blamed on the Syrian government, with no evidence offered as proof. However, the Russians, who had aircraft on the base, were warned ahead of time and evacuated. No one was hurt by any of the missiles.
This time, Trump has responded very forcefully with tweets:
(1) Russia vows to shoot down any and all missiles fired at Syria. Get ready Russia, because they will be coming, nice and new and “smart!” You shouldn’t be partners with a Gas Killing Animal who kills his people and enjoys it!
(2) Our relationship with Russia is worse now than it has ever been, and that includes the Cold War. There is no reason for this. Russia needs us to help with their economy, something that would be very easy to do, and we need all nations to work together. Stop the arms race?
(3) Much of the bad blood with Russia is caused by the Fake & Corrupt Russia Investigation, headed up by the all Democrat loyalists, or people that worked for Obama. Mueller is most conflicted of all (except Rosenstein who signed FISA & Comey letter). No Collusion, so they go crazy!
Why this Matters: The initial reason to go into Syria was to get rid of ISIS. There is much evidence that ISIS was created and supported by past U.S. administrations. Two weeks ago, Trump said he is preparing to pull out of Syria–and Russia was also preparing to withdraw.
Today, the entire world is waiting to see what Trump will do; reports are surfacing that UK’s May and France’s Macron are already preparing to retaliate against Assad/Russia without the U.S. Remember that Iran, Russia, and Turkey stand with Assad.
Is the Deep State threatening/manipulating the President so he will order strikes against Syria and start World War III?
Pray for the President! May God lead and guide him in the way he should go. May he destroy the real enemies of God and peace.
Facebook CEO Says “Sorry” for Data Mining
Mark Zuckerberg, CEO of Facebook appeared before a Senate subcommittee this week. He was called to explain his decision to allow the sale of personal data to third companies. He admits that at least 87 million people out of the 2.2 billion users have been affected–though analysts believe the number is much higher.
What Zuckerberg said FB will do:
- Develop AI (artificial intelligence) to remove hate-filled comments before they’re posted–Zuckerberg was not able to answer what constitutes hate
- Remove apps that third parties use to “scrape” personal data
- Remove harmful accounts before they can do harm
- Likely develop two sites: one free in which data is mined; the other users pay for that keeps info private
Facebook targets conservatives, such as Diamond and Silk, Trump-supporting sisters who create satirical videos. They have had their accounts pulled for being too controversial.
Rep. Steve Scalise quizzed Zuckerberg about his policies that censor conservatives:
“I do want to ask you about a study that was done by Western Journal dealing with the algorithm that Facebook uses to describe what is fed to people through the newsfeed and what they found was after this new algorithm was implemented that there was a tremendous bias against conservative news and content. And a favorable bias towards liberal content. And if you can look at that it shows a 16 point disparity which is concerning… Who develops the algorithm?… You can also put a bias in if that’s the directive. Was there a directive to put a bias in? Are you aware of this bias that many people have looked at and analyzed and seen?”
Zuckerberg answered, “Congressman this is a really important question. There is absolutely no directive in any of the changes that we’ve made.”
After his testimony on Tuesday, Facebook stocks surged. Zuckerberg walked away from the hearings with $2.8 billion more in stock value. He is now the seventh richest person in the world.
Why this Matters: Former Anchor Campbell Brown told conference attendees that Facebook would be censoring news based on its own internal biases. She called it “having a point of view” and “leaning into quality news.” Facebook defines quality as that with a liberal slant.
How to Pray: For God to bring down Facebook and every media outlet that works to subvert the truth. Let God be true and every man a liar.
On a happy note…
Team members of the Alabama Crimson Tide at White House Tuesday praying for the President. The team won the 2017 college football national title.
Ps. 85:12, 13 – Yea, the LORD shall give that which is good; and our land shall yield her increase. Righteousness shall go before him; and shall set us in the way of his steps.