The Pope Paul VI Audience Hall at the Vatican. “The Resurrection” artwork depicts Jesus “rising from a nuclear crater in the Garden of Gethsemane.”
Just in time for Passover and resurrection Sunday, the Pope gave an interview exposing his beliefs that there is no hell or punishment for the wicked. In an interview with an Italian journalist, Pope Francis was asked to clarify an earlier statement about God creating new species after humanity disappears. The journalist wanted to know what happens to the souls who died in sin and will go to hell to suffer for eternity. Pope Francis responded:
“Those who repent obtain God’s forgiveness and go among the ranks of those who contemplate him, but those who do not repent and cannot be forgiven disappear. There is no hell–there is the disappearance of sinful souls.”
The Vatican then tried to walk it back with this denial:
“What is reported by the author in today’s article [in La Repubblica] is the result of his reconstruction, in which the textual words pronounced by the Pope are not quoted. No quotation of the aforementioned article must therefore be considered as a faithful transcription of the words of the Holy Father.”
However, there are others who would agree with Pope Francis. The most senior Catholic official in the UK says there is nowhere in Catholic teaching that actually says any one person is in hell, that idea has only been part of Catholic iconography.
So would his belief that there is no hell be out of line for this pope? Consider the following.
1. Francis is a Jesuit – Jesuits are an order of priests who were established in 1534 as an army. One of the first acts they are noted for was their reorganization of the Bank of Rome and their work in education. By 1556, Jesuits had established 74 colleges on three continents. The U.S. has several Jesuit universities, including Loyola, Boston College, Fordham and Georgetown in Washington, D.C.
2. The pope is a globalist who promotes global climate change, and as a Jesuit, took a vow of poverty. Jesuits promote liberation theology, a synthesis of Christianity and Marxism which emphasizes concern for the poor and the “political liberation” of oppressed people. Pope Francis is from Argentina and became a priest in 1969. Latin America is the birthplace of modern liberation theology, which came about during the 60s and 70s.
The Audience Hall inside and out, looks like the head of a serpent; the depiction of Jesus and tortured souls
3. The “iconography” of the Vatican may cause questions in people’s minds. The Pope Paul VI Audience Hall is where Francis made his first media speech. The Resurrection art by Fazzini is said to depict Jesus rising from a nuclear crater in the Garden of Gethsemane with what looks like tortured souls all around Him. The shape of the building with its round stained glass windows and fang-like structures in the front of the inside look very much like a serpent.
Why this Matters: Paul told us that in the last days there would be a “mystery of iniquity” at work and a spirit of deception. A 2014 survey by the Pew Research Center found that among Christians, 15 percent do not believe in heaven, and 30 percent do not believe in hell.
Pray for believers to wake up and see that there is a war for their minds, hearts, and souls being waged by the enemy. Pray that the voices of truth will be heard and we can withstand the assault on our faith.
Trump Announces Troops to Leave Syria
At a speech to union builders in Ohio, the President announced he will soon be bringing U.S. troops home from Syria. President Trump said,
“We’re there for one reason: to get ISIS and get rid of ISIS, and to go home… We’re coming out of Syria, like, very soon. Let the other people take care of it now. We build a school, they blow it up. We rebuild the school, they haven’t blown it up yet, but they will.”
Trump also mentioned the fact that there are 32,000 troops guarding the border between North and South Korea, but the border with Mexico is unprotected. “Is there something a little bit wrong with that?” he asked.
- Two coalition personnel were killed and five wounded in Syria when an IED exploded on Thursday night near the Syrian/Turkish border. Early reports say one of the dead is an American, the other is from the UK.
Why this Matters: The talk about ending U.S. military presence in Syria contradicts what has been said by former Secretary of State Tillerson and others from the Defense Department. Tillerson was fired recently and replaced by CIA Director Mike Pompeo. Both Pompeo and new national security advisor John Bolton save suggested that the U.S. should remain in the Middle East even after ISIS is defeated.
Pray for God’s comfort to the families concerned and speedy, thorough healing for the wounded. May the Lord guide Trump and his advisors as they consider the conditions in the Middle East.
Clinton campaign rally, with Saddique Mateen (R)
New Details Emerge in Pulse Shooting
Several details about the shooting at the Pulse Nightclub in Orlando surfaced this week. This was the shooting at a gay bar in which 49 people were said to have been murdered.
- Saddique Mateen, the father of shooter Omar Mateen, was exposed as having been an FBI confidential informant from 2006 to 2016. He became the subject of a criminal investigation in 2013.
- Omar was interviewed by the FBI prior to the shooting. Notes from that interview state that he was NOT a threat.
- Saddique may have influenced the FBI’s decision not to seek an indictment against his son because he made false statements to the FBI when he was investigated in 2013.
- Saddique is being investigated for transferring money to Pakistan and Turkey in order to attack the government of Pakistan. This occurred in the immediate aftermath of the shooting.
- Saddique was given prime seating behind Hillary Clinton at her Orlando campaign rally. The Clinton campaign denied knowing he was in the crowd.
Why this Matters: Because of these violations, the case against Mateen’s widow for aiding and abetting him in the crime was dropped. This shooting has been called a false flag by some who argue it was orchestrated by bad actors within the U.S. government who are “deep state” and pushing a globalist agenda. The goal is to grab our guns.
Pray for all the details to be exposed and that the American people will soon know the truth about this event and others.
Riots in Israel, Several Dead
Thousands of Palestinians gathered at the Gaza-Israel border for the “Great March of Return” on Good Friday. The march soon turned to riots, as Palestinians threw rocks and firebombs at the troops. The Israeli Defense Force (IDF) shot at the main instigators, and have warned that anyone approaching the security fence is putting their life in danger. So far, twelve have been killed and hundreds wounded, according to Palestinian authorities. This has not been confirmed.
The March of Return is supposed to run March 30 through May 15–the 70th anniversary of the re-birth of Israel. The Palestinians call May 15th “catastrophe day” and say they will wage a daily protest agains the border blockade and overrun the border on the 15th.
Why this Matters: The border has been blocked for a decade and life in this strip of land is said to have deteriorated, with rising unemployment, poverty, and blackouts. Hamas is a Muslim terror organization, and it no surprise that the groups promoting the March of Return have been affiliated with al Qaeda and anti-Israel activists from Western nations.
Pray for demonstrators to lose interest and protection for IDF forces, many of whom are very young. Pray for the gospel of peace to be spread in Israel and throughout the Middle East.
Q Goes Mainstream
The Daily Beast and Rush Limbaugh brought Q into the public eye on Friday. In his broadcast, Limbaugh mentioned the Qanon phenomenon because of a story linking Q to comedian Roseanne Barr in the left-wing Daily Beast media outlet.
Roseanne Barr has Hollywood scratching their heads after her comedy show–a reprise of the 1980s hit series “Roseanne”–broke records. The first episode had 18 million viewers. Barr and her character are both outspoken Trump supporters, but not conservatives.
The President called Barr to congratulate her for the success, and she called into ABC’s “Good Morning America” and described the call. “They said hold please for the president of the United States of America and that’s about the most exciting thing ever and it was just very sweet of him to congratulate us,” said Barr.
Back in November, Barr began following Q and tweeted on November 17, “who is Q,” and “tell Qanon to DM (direct message) me in the nexxt [sic] 24 hours.”
On Friday, the Daily Beast ran a story saying her fans were speculating that she had “secretly been taken out and swapped with an imposter as part of a massive deep state conspiracy.” Limbaugh mentioned the story but did not go into any details. He was unsure of how to pronounce “Qanon.”
- Russia announced it will be expelling 60 U.S. diplomats and will close the U.S. consulate in St. Petersburg. This comes after the U.S., the UK and others began expelling diplomats following accusations that Russia was behind the poisoning of a former spy and his grown daughter.
- The demonstrations and media attention given to the students advocating for removing or modifying the Second Amendment and our right to keep and bear arms are having a huge impact on NRA donations. The group took in $250,000 in January, and $779,000 in February.
- An internal Facebook memo has surfaced, showing company executives pursued questionable practices and used subtle language that helps people stay “searchable.” The memo written by Andrew Bosworth in 2016 outlines the all-encompassing goal of connection, no matter that there may be problems with Facebook practices. “Maybe someone dies in a terrorist attack coordinated on our tools,” the memo states. Mr Bosworth has since tweeted that he “didn’t agree” with the post at the time he had posted it, but he had shared it with staff to be “provocative.”
Every day is a good day to thank the Lord Jesus for the amazing gift of His life, death, and resurrection–and to give praises to the Father who loved us so much that He sent us His only begotten Son so that we can be forgiven!
John 3:16 – For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
1 John 4:9 – In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.
Watch a video of this newsletter and don’t forget to subscribe to my channel and click on the “bell” to be notified of new videos.